Friday, September 3, 2010

Africa!!!!!

So, last summer I had the wonderful opportunity of going to Africa.  It still seems so amazing that I would have been able to go and actually live there for a couple of months.  On top of the opportunity to go there, I got to go there for an amazing reason.  What an adventure!

In May of 2009 I got on a plane flew to Ghana.  I was excited and nervous and had little idea of what really awaited me on my grand adventure.
Yeah, I had been on a plane for a long time and didn't look so good.  A plane is never the best way to sleep, but I was still excited to be there.  Ghana!!!!!

Here are my flight buddies, Kelsey and Brynn.  Little did I know how much I would come to love and appreciate these girls!
 

Here is the view off of the airplane.  Akwaaba means welcome.  I remember walking off the plane and thinking it was hot and humid and I had no idea what was ahead. 
More of the Africa adventure to come!





No comments: